Monday, 7 July 2014

1/35th T-72B : Glacis

I'm backdating the Trumpeter T-72BA kit (mislabelled as a T-72B model 1990) to an earlier version, the model 1989.

I've been focusing on the lower hull and upper hull front.

The general shape is good but I've sharpened and refined some of the details.

The Trumpeter glacis is that found on earlier variants, that on later A and B version having thicker armour.

The main external difference on the later glacis is the cutout area around the driver's periscope.


Saturday, 14 June 2014

1/72 T-90A : Part 4

Later versions of the T-90A had the area over the driver's compartment uparmoured with an additional metal plate.

Alongside the Revell version.

Still lots of smaller details to add.
Most of the rear hull plate is complete now.

The single piece Revell version.

It required 19 resin parts to get the depth and undercuts in the ice cleats.


Sunday, 1 June 2014

Relikt : Part 2

I've finished casting and assembling parts for the Relikt glacis armour.

The master parts along with finished and assembled resin copies.

Alongside the version from the ModelCollect T-90MS kit.


The grey resin bolts are from Masterclub.



Saturday, 24 May 2014

Relikt : Part 1

The most current version of reactive armour is Relikt, the successor to Kontakt 5. I've been working on the glacis module, found on a number of vehicles such as the T-72M1M, T-90SM (aks MS) and BMP-T.

I started by making one of the front row containers.

The frame that holds the front row of reactive armour containers.

View from the rear. The block will be used as a master to make 6 resin copies.

The master for one of the second row reactive armour containers.

I plan to cast 4 copies of this style container.

These sit either side of the second row of containers.

All of the frames dry fitted together.



Monday, 12 May 2014

Current Articles

I have a couple of articles in print at the moment.

Abrams Squad has my T-90 in issue 6. You can find this at the Abrams Squad website.









AFV modeller has an earlier build of mine, a Syrian T-72.



Saturday, 3 May 2014

1/72 T-90A : Part 3

There are 8 fittings attached to the hull rear (they look to be related to the spare track). These are quite small and are moulded to the Revell rear hull plate. I made a new one and I'll attempt to cast it as I'm not too keen to make 7 more!
The new part made from plastic strip.

Along with 35th scale equivalents from Meng (green) and Trumpeter (grey)

Comparision with the moulded on Revell versions. 

The kit track has solid guide-horns. I made a hollow one and cast copies.